Purchased the car from Bob Greene.
Converted the headlights to the sloped European H1/H3 style.
Upgraded the front brakes to the G60 twin piston calipers from the 5ktq.
Installed Delrin lower control arm bushings.
Installed Jamex strut tower brace.
Upgraded the rear brakes to the vented disk from the 200q20v.
Replaced diff lock manual vacuum switch with electric vacuum switch from 200q
Upgraded the front brakes to Porsche calipers and 2 piece rotors.
Purchased '91 200q as an engine donor for the 20v upgrade.
Dismantled the car for complete restoration and 20v upgrade.
Brought the body shell to auto body shop in Westminster.
Picked up body shell from shop in Westminster and brought to shop in Ashby.
Modified S2 center gauge cluster to fit into the '85 4k style center console.
Fabricated a panel to replace the ashtray in the '85 4k style dash and house the 90q style diff lock switch.
Did a little hands on research today.
Porsche 944 turbo brakes fit the G60 mounting holes and fit under a 15" wheel, but will require a wheel with an ET15 offset to clear the caliper.
I also compared '90 90q 2 piece struts. There are 2 advantages with these struts.
1. They are much lighter. The urq struts are cast boat anchors. The 90q struts are formed steel.
2. They use an 82 mm wheel bearing vs. the 75 mm bearing of the urq.
I'm not quite sure how to use these. 1st they must be converted to 5 lug hubs.
It looks like you can use the later urq 82mm bearing (443 498 625 E), which is the same part on an '87 5ktq.
Measured the S4 and S2 front hubs. I am working on a new page to document the different dimensions.
I bought a scale. It was quite enlightening. It turns out that the B3 (2) piece struts are actually heavier than the urq struts.
I guess I will abandon that project. It is not worth all the effort if all I gain is the 82 mm bearing.
I had my flywheel resurfaced a few weeks ago. The machinist was not kind to the pins that had to be removed from the flywheel.
I bought some new ones from McMaster-Carr and installed them today.
Trailered the car back from the body shop. The rust work is done and the car is edged in white.
Did some test fitting of engine bay components.
Fabricated a mounting bracket for the radiator fan resistor pack.
Fabricated a radiator-mounting bracket.
Ran the 12/4 wires from the firewall to the headlight locations. Soldered the firewall ends to the MIL connectors.
Ran the #2 wire from the engine bay through the frame rail into the car and back to the battery.
Test fitted the headlights and grill.
Fabricated a + battery post mounting bracket.
Fabricated the oil cooler mounting brackets.
Fabricated a strut tower cross brace from ¾” aluminum box.
Fabricated brackets to hold the rear bumper skirt.
Converted the ’90 CQ to 5 lug hubs
Spent most of the weekend sandblasting parts.
Repaired a rust hole in the driver’s rear inner wheel housing.
Repaired a rust hole in the passenger’s rear inner wheel housing.
Purchased ’93 S4, Silver/Black for parts
Dismantled urq rear bumper for modification to bumper shocks and possible lightening of bumper reinforcement
Test fit fiber trunk on urq
Applied some POR15 to some spots under the urq
Sold ’93 S4 to Force5Auto
Cut and welded urq rear bumper shocks
Installed stainless steel rivet nuts into rear quarter for bumper attachment
Started attaching jack point re-enforcement on driver’s side of urq.
Assisted Keith install inner control arm bushing and right rear transverse link on his Green ’95.5 S6
Found a filled rust hole in the floor of the trunk. I cut it out and welded in a new piece.
Bought my old ’94 100q back from my father.
Worked on urq driver’s side rock panel
Replaced timing belt, water pump on ’94 100q. 151,450
Continued working on urq driver’s side rocker panel
Helped Tommy with ’90 90q20v rear brake caliper rebuild.
Tommy fix exhaust on ’90 90q20v.
Helped Tommy on ’90 90q20v:
Installed upper strut mounts
Replaced RF outer CV-joint boot
Replaced – Battery cable
Changed O+F on ‘94 100. 151,700.
Determined that A6 needs right rear OXS.
Rust repair on right rocker panel
Rust repair on the right rocker panel
Rust repair work on the right rocker panel
Fiberglas work on the hood
Tommy removed under-coating
POR-15 underside of driver’s side
Prepped driver’s side floor for POR-15
O+F ’95 S6
Installed rear suspension
Installed the engine
Installed the drive shaft
Installed the exhaust
Started the engine for the 1st time.
Installed the seats
Installed the windshield
Installed the driver’s seatbelt
Installed the brakes
Installed the rear bumper
Bled the brakes
Bought a set of OZ Gran Tourismo 8x17 ET35 5x112
Installed wheel studs
1st drive. Just around the yard
1st drive on the road